Carnegie East House opened in 2002 and is conveniently located on Manhattan’s very desirable Upper East Side. Known for its refined character, celebrity sightings and home to the most important museums, shops and restaurants New York City has to offer, our neighborhood literally offers something for everyone. Whether it’s browsing the East River Esplanade on a warm summer evening, swimming at Asphalt Green, enjoying a lecture at the 92nd Street Y or browsing the latest art exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, let us free you from the burden and chores of daily life so that you can enjoy all the exciting and interesting things our great city has to offer.
Our prestigious building was thoughtfully designed specifically with older adults in mind and features an abundance of amenities, including:
- Building-wide smoke and fire detection systems and sprinkler system.
- Charming main dining room with restaurant-style service.
- Private dining room available for parties and family gatherings.
- Community room for enjoying concerts, religious services, lectures and recreational activities.
- Spacious garden terrace with ample seating for residents and guests.
- Well-stocked library and a special Low Vision Library for those who are visually impaired.
- Computers with Internet access.
- Beauty/Barber shop.
- Day Rooms throughout the residence that are perfect for intimate gatherings and small group activities.
- Emergency Back-Up Generator.
- Wellness & Rehabilitation Center.
No Laundry! No Housekeeping! No Cooking! No Worries!
Let us do the work for you! Enjoy a full complement of services that are included in our low monthly rental fee, including:
- Three delicious meals a day from our extensive fine dining menu. Low salt and low sugar diets provided.
- 3.5 hours of personal care services per week, such as assistance with bathing and dressing.
- Weekly housekeeping.
- Weekly laundry service.
- Maintenance of residents’ apartments and common areas.
- Diverse cultural, recreational, social and educational activities from morning exercises to nightly movies.
- Licensed Nurse on duty 7 days per week.
- Personal care workers on duty 24 hours per day.
- 24 Hour Concierge Service.
- Case Management (Social Work) Services.
- Monthly fee includes all utilities except for telephone and cable television.
All apartments include many distinctive features designed to maximize independence and provide a safe environment for older adults.
- Handicapped-accessible toilets and showers with conveniently positioned handrails.
- An emergency call system in each apartment that connects to the concierge desk for prompt response.
- Kitchenettes equipped with an efficiency refrigerator, freezer and cook-top stove.
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning units.
- Conveniently located cable and telephone service jacks.
- Wall-to-wall carpeting and window treatments for privacy.
Monthly Rent: $5,650
Monthly Rent: $6,700
Monthly Rent: $7,300